Business Process Modeling Tools are used to create business process models, process flow models, and data flow models.
Popular Business Process Modeling Tools
|Tool Name||Company Name|
|All Fusion Process Data Modeler||Computer Associates|
|Corporate Modeler||Casewise Systems|
|Aris Toolset||IDS Scheers|
|System Architect BPR||Popkin|
|Designer/2000 BPR Software||Oracle Corporation|
|Smart Draw||Smart Draw|
Business Process Modeling Example:
As we know, a business process modeling is a collection or group of related activities or business processes that produce a specific service or product.
Business Process Modeling Example
In order to explain a Business process modeling in a simple manner, let us assume an activity of getting a seat in a college.
- To obtain a seat in a college, first the applicant need to submit an application along with GRE and TOEFL scores, school mark sheets, birth certificate, payments etc. In Business process modeling, these are represented as input s with arrows pointing inwards.
- In order to process the application, college should have computing systems; employees, accounting systems etc., and mechanism arrows represent these.
- The application should only be approved upon satisfying several factors like; legal requirements, government rules, valid mark sheets etc. and control arrows represent these.
- When all processes are completed, the applicant will be notified of the selection, scholarships, books etc and output arrows represent these.
- Thus the diagram mentioned provides a clear picture of the activities to join in a college and the information related with that activity.